CurriculumOctober 9, 2022 2023-02-05 20:14
This comprehensive curriculum resource page provides useful background information and ideas for teachers to engage students. Look through the computer science resource bank to review a variety of materials centered around computer science education. Lastly, this page provides tips on what to be thinking of when looking for curriculum for students in Georgia.
Considering Curriculum Resources
- When selecting or developing curriculum these are considerations for Curriculum
- Provide a comprehensive view of computer science informed by the five core concepts and seven core practices of computer science as delineated in the framework.
- Be developmentally appropriate per the grade-band progressions in the framework and fit into a coherent K–12 experience.
- Integrate the concepts and practices into meaningful experiences for students, rather than solely focus on the concepts.
- Be designed from a “content-first” perspective, in which programming tools, equipment (e.g., robots), and even languages, are a vehicle for learning the concepts and practices, rather than becoming the focus themselves.
- Offer opportunities to create innovative technologies within socially relevant and culturally situated contexts.
Curriculum Identification Resources
- This is a resource directory created by the Colorado Department of Education.
- CSforALL is a national resource for individuals and organizations interested in K-12 computer science (CS) education.
- This is a sample of what a teacher leader in Fayette County Schools used to make decisions on which curriculum to use in their district.